Warning issued in Lancashire after e-scooter blaze
Firefighters have issued a timely warning to Lancashire residents about lithium batteries.
It follows an incident in which an electric scooter was burned out when its lithium batteries apparently burst into flames.
The incident happened in Rishton.
Hyndburn fire station tweeted a warning accompanied by pictures of the fire damage.
Officers urged: "Please buy Christmas presents containing lithium batteries from a reputable supplier.
"If the deal seems too good to be true, then it probably is!
"This family from Rishton were very lucky that no one was injured by a fire involving lithium batteries in an E-Scooter this week."