Is the child scooter safe? Guangzhou Consumer Council has tested, do not buy this kind of scooter
Children's scooters can better exercise the lower limbs and waist muscles, exercise the coordination and balance of the body, help the development of the vestibular organs, and cultivate courage and confidence to satisfy the desire to explore. But it is followed by more and more cases of injuries caused by scooters. The safety and rationality of such products are also receiving more and more attention from consumers. Therefore, in order to let consumers fully understand the performance quality, technical level and price of children's scooters on the market, and to solve consumer concerns, Guided consumers to buy correctly, Guangzhou Consumer Council commissioned Guangzhou Customs Technology Center to carry out a comparative test of children's scooters.
I. Overview of comparative test results
(1) The three-wheeled scooter has moderate weight and is mostly non-foldable, but it is easy to operate when folded. It is suitable for a wide range of ages, and has various modes and various features, especially suitable for young children.
(2) The two-wheeled scooter pedal has good anti-skid effect, the car body is moderate in weight, mostly foldable, and the volume is relatively small compared with the three-wheeled scooter. It is easy to carry and collect, and the riser can be adjusted in a wide range, which is more conducive to adjustment. The high level is for children to ensure the safety and stability of children when playing.
(3) The frog scooter is large in size, heavy in weight, good in stability and good in load bearing. Due to its special structural design, the foot can slide without contact with the ground, and the speed is even, but it requires more power and skill control.
Second, compare the test sample situation
This comparative test sample was purchased randomly from an e-commerce platform or a physical store, involving 18 brands and 18 models. The purchase price ranges from 65 yuan/set to 844 yuan/set.
Third, the comparison test content and reference basis
According to the consumer's concerns, referring to the differences between domestic and international standards and the risk points of such products, the evaluation items are as follows:
Safety performance indicators: hole, clearance, mechanical accessibility, riser strength, brakes, wheel size, plastic bag thickness, marking, warning and instructions for use, pedal slip, plasticizer.
Ease of use and design rationality: portable ease of use (folding function, weight), specifications and modes (for age, maximum load-bearing, riser height adjustment, multiple modes), features.
Fourth, the comparison test results
(1) The safety performance of the three-wheeled scooter and the frog scooter is slightly better than that of the two-wheeled scooter, and the safety performance has a great relationship with the price.
Safety performance is the safety factor for scooters. It is the most important indicator for scooters and the most concerned issue for consumers. The results of this test showed that 7 of the 18 samples passed the test of all safety performance indicators and performed well. The seven samples include five three-wheeled scooters, one frog scooter and one two-wheeled scooter, accounting for 50%, 50% and 20% of the various samples.
(2) The pedal anti-skid performance of the three-wheeled scooter and the two-wheeled scooter generally performed well.
When children use toy scooters, they mainly rely on the friction between the sole and the ground, the sole and the pedals. Therefore, the matte non-slip pedal can prevent the pedal from slipping during play, which is an important indicator for scooter evaluation. The anti-slip effect is reflected in both the anti-slip area of the pedal and the angle of inclination of the scooter pedal and the horizontal plane when the weight begins to slip. The higher the percentage of non-slip area, the higher the score; the larger the angle of slip, the higher the score. The results of this test showed that among the 18 samples, 9 of the three-wheeled scooter samples had a non-slip area percentage greater than 50%, accounting for 90%; 6 of the sliding angles greater than 13, accounting for 60%. There are 6 models with a non-slip area percentage of more than 50% for two-wheel scooter samples, accounting for 100%; 4 models with a sliding angle greater than 13 inches, accounting for 66.7%, therefore, the pedals of three-wheeled scooters and two-wheeled scooters The anti-slip performance effect is generally better.
(3) The two-wheeled scooter is easy to fold and light in weight. The frog scooter is relatively heavy and difficult to carry.
Scooters are popular because of their small size. Different scooters are light and heavy, and the body is light in weight and has a folding scooter that is more portable. Therefore, the weight of the scooter and whether it has a folding function is an important concern of consumers. The results of this test showed that of the 18 samples, 6 were unfoldable and were all three-wheeled scooters. The eight samples are foldable and easy to operate, including three two-wheeled scooters, accounting for 50%; four three-wheeled scooters, accounting for 40%; and one frog scooter, accounting for 50%. The weight of the sample body ranges from 1.8kg to 4.9kg, of which the body weight of the frog scooter is more than 4kg, and the three-wheeled scooter with the body weight less than 2.75kg has 5 models, accounting for 50%; There are 3 wheel scooters, accounting for 50%. In summary, the two-wheeled scooter is easy to fold and light in weight, and the frog scooter is relatively heavy and difficult to carry.
(4) The applicable age range of the three-wheeled scooter is large, and the two-wheeled scooter can adjust the height range of the riser.
Because of the age, height, weight, preferences and other factors to choose the appropriate specifications and models, therefore, specifications and models are the main focus of consumers. The results of this test show that among the 18 samples, the applicable age range of the three-wheeled scooters is mostly over 3 years old, accounting for 60%. The age of the three-wheeled scooters of various modes can be started from the age of 1 and the applicable age range is greater than Two-wheeled scooter and frog scooter. The adjustable height of the riser of the two-wheeled scooter is mostly above 176mm, accounting for 66.7%, and is also larger than the other two types of scooters.
(5) There are relatively many other features of the two-wheeled scooter and the three-wheeled scooter.
Compared with the same type of products, products with distinctive functions are more advantageous and more attractive to consumers. The results of this test show that among the 18 samples, the other features of the two-wheeled scooter and the three-wheeled scooter are relatively more, up to five, and the frog scooter is relatively small, with only simple lighting and handbrake functions. .
V. Other problems in the comparison test
(1) The logo and warning slogan are incomplete or difficult to understand
During the test, some samples were found to have incomplete identification or warning instructions. For example, the product is not marked with “maximum weight 50kg”, and there is no warning on the package: “Warning! Protective equipment should be worn” and “Not applicable to children weighing more than 50kg”.
(2) Among the gifts provided with the product, the thickness of the plastic packaging bag is insufficient.
Some of the samples purchased in this test were given gifts, such as baskets, protective gear, etc., and the plastic bags were too thin to meet the standard requirements.